Monday, August 13, 2012

Retreat


Last night began the annual retreat for the Salesians of Don Bosco in Stony Point, NY. The are roughly 60 SDBs on this retreat. Our preacher this year is Bishop Luc Van Looy, SDB of Gent, Belgium.

Am particularly excited for this retreat for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I am ever so aware that I need to refocus my priorities in life. That is one of the major objectives of retreat. The second reason that I need this retreat is because I need a conversion of heart. I have found when making an examine of conscience that I have been an am currently harboring I'll feelings towards people. This has to change because first and foremost, I am called to love.

I am also renewing my profession while on this retreat. This is exciting for me but also forces me to reexamine my plan of life. Why is it that I am professing these vows to life as a Salesian of Don Bosco? I will be reading a lot this week. I will be reexamining my life. I still feel that this is where God is calling me to holiness. This is my path. This is the path that I must follow.

Please pray for me.
- Br. Adam
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment