Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lord, if you command it...

Today I was awoken out of some type of dream at 6:05am. Thank God I was because I would have been late for Mass at 6:30 if I had not woken up. I remember talking to a priest in my dream and he had a piece of paper in his hand, looked like a fax, and he was smiling and talking with an excited jubilation. I woke up before he could finish whatever thought that I had of him talking. So I don't know exactly what it is all supposed to mean.

But as I sit here before the Blessed Sacrament I can't help but wonder, What do you ask of me, Lord? After a short, and I stress short, discernment on this dream I think that God is calling me to listen to Him more carefully. This is important always, but if God is using to communicate with a person, it would be in the person's best interest to try to listen to God's message.

As an obedient religious, my plan today is to go to confession, spend some quiet time in prayer and listen in the silence to my Lord and God. I want to know what it is that he is trying to communicate to me. I need to open up my heart and listen attentively to His Word, and to those to whom God has put in my life. After all, he did put them in my life for a reason.

God bless you all!

-Br. Adam


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment