Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Collaboration in the Journey

Collaboration is truly essential. What do I mean by this? Simple, in order for us to excel in some endeavor we are going to need help a long the way. Whether it be in the form of physical help, or prayer, or emotional help, someone will help us a long the journey or path that we find ourselves on. The path that I am explicitly talking about in this entry is the path to holiness, to get to heaven. That is our ultimate goal.

How often is it that we ask others for prayer, or to talk to so we can vent our frustrations or share our joys and difficulties in life? For me, it is pretty often. I do share with others because God has put them into my life for some reason. After all, God did not intend for us to be solitary creatures. We are to our very core social beings and it is important for us to share our struggles and triumphs with those that are close to us, who are on that journey with us.

Recently, I was struggling internally because I felt lonely. It may sound trivial but it has a deep effect on a religious, or any family member especially when their calling is to communal life. My struggle had solidified for me my discernment for religious life for communal life. To be able to know that there is someone who cares for you, who is willing to listen to you, when you feel that need to talk, it is a great consolation to find that person. But when you look around and can find no one around you feel like you are drowning, or as if you are the only one trapped in a desert. It hurts.

But, this is why we are a Christian people. A people who are called to live in community, whether it is our family, our parish, our religious community; there is a support structure the for us so that we do not falter in our journey for Heaven.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment