Friday, July 20, 2012

Charity above all

"Whatever you did for the least of my brethren, you did for me." -Matthew 25:40

Throughout history there have been accounts of great charity, Mother Theresa helping the impoverished in India, people buying meals for the homeless, people adopting orphans and many others. How often do we reach out to a brother or sister in Christ to aid them simply because it is the right thing to do?

Recently, I have been faced with a situation in which to help a down cast member of society. It is not always the easiest of tasks to offer assistance to a person who has lied, cheated and stolen. But they are still a person who deserves to be love and respects and cherished. People know of the faults and misdeeds of the individual, but aren't we a people who are open to reconciliation?

I often feel that there is a moral obligation to aide the person who is the underdog in some situations. I think people deserve second and third chances. I especially advocate for those who are being persecuted unjustly. I hope and pray that for all of you who read this little blog, that you would offer. Up a quick prayer for a personal intention. Also, please help out a person today who needs it. Whether it be a quick smile smile, or assisting an elderly woman with her groceries. Help somebody.

God bless you!
~Br. Adam


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment