Saturday, March 26, 2011

"...Whoever exalts himself will be humbled;
but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.” Matthew 23:12

(Gospel from Tuesday 3/22/2011)

Heard this in today's homily, thought I would share it:

" A man who had not been to Church in some time came in very quietly and sat in the back most pew in the church. He did not want to be noticed so he was being very discreet. Not known to tuis man was that the Pastor was standing at the back wall and had seen him come in and sit down. The pastor walked over to him after a few minuets of thinking..."you're Joe! Right? I haven't seen you around here in sometime."

Joe said to the pastor, "Yes Father,  I know it has been a very long time since I have been here. But I just cannot stand being around hypocrites."

The pastor quickly quipped back, "We always have room for one more, Joe!"

Moral of the story is two fold because it fits into Monday's Gospel as well.

Re: Luke 6: 36-38

1) We should not judge. It is not our place to pass judgement on people; we are not God.

2) A sense of false humility is dangerous. It can lead us into thinking that we are better than the person sitting next to us. Everyone is judged according to their own deeds and misdeeds by our Heavenly Father. 

We should not judge our brothers and sisters but rather we should love them, as Christ loves us. Now I know this seems a heck of a lot easier said than done. How can we possible love as Christ loved?


I want to quote someone but I cannot find out who the original source is. So if you know, email me and let me know please! 

Anyway, the quote: "Love is a verb!"


What the heck does that mean? It means that WE as a SOCIETY must learn to love. Not only say that we love but we have to make an action. ACTION! God calls us to action daily; being instruments of God's Peace and love day in and day out. 



God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment